Philips Norelco SensoTouch3D model 1250X Review
Just in time for the holidays, the Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D 1250 makes a great holiday gift for style-conscious men.
The Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D 1250 electric razor ensures little pressure and fewer strokes are needed to get smooth skin. The three-dimensional GyroFlex component allows the shaver to perfectly follow the unique contours of the face and the UltraTrack shaving heads pivot around, tilt inward, and flex outward to adjust seamlessly to every curve of the face and neck, facilitating a faster shave.
Here are my observations from using the shaver from out of the box to actual shave:
- Actual shaver had a good weight. It’s not too heavy but not too light. I don’t know what to expect from a $200 shaver but I was good with it.
- Charging was fast. Only an hour to fully charge. Initial charges require longer usually. Shave time equates to 60 min. According to instruction manual.
- Per instructions, I applied shaver to face and used a rotating motion.
- I didn’t see much progress after several takes over the same area.
- After a bit I examined my face and noticed patches of hair in random areas but shaved parts were smooth and well shaved.
- Not noticeably painful. More gentle than I thought.
- Majority of shaving done using one pod verses all three. Using just one pod felt more precise.
- 3D didn’t seem to help me much. Felt the one pod technique was more useful.
- Time consuming but I blame that on my inexperience of this type of shaver.
- Trimmer function was good but felt the bulky head was a little obtrusive.
- Cleaning was easy easy easy.
- All in all a close shave in a reasonable amount of time.
- good quality feel of unit
- quick charging convenience
- close comfortable shave
- charger does not connect to unit itself so travel requires bringing the stand
- not as precise as other shavers when shaving near detail zones (sideburns, beards, mustache, etc.)
- time consuming
You can find the Philips Norelco SensoTouch3D 1250X at many major retailers and online as well.