the-shower-project
images courtesy of The Shower Project

This is one of those stories where someone tells you about it, and you automatically want to check it out because you’re like no fuckin way.

“The Shower Project Goal: Shower with 100 women by the end of 1999 and document it.

It has been almost a decade now since “The Shower Project” was launched, but still to this day I find it truly remarkable that this man actually pulled it off.

Project Background: I work in the film industry and about a year and a half ago on the set of a film, the grip/electric guys were convinced I was pretending to be gay to “get” women. They would walk by me when I had my arm around a women and whisper things like, “We’re on to you, Brian.” Anyway, to taunt my taunters I thought I would shower with several of these women and take a picture of it. I thought about it and talked about it and finally obsession set in and I set a goal to shower with 100 women by the end of the year. “

So do you have a favorite girl from the shower project? (I like Girl #94 & #98) Let us know who your favorite girl was by leaving a comment below.

Note: There is no nudity on the site.

Link

Comments

10 Responses to “Shower with 100 Women? Yes, Please.”

1. Christian on February 22nd, 2008 2:10 am

I’d never even heard of this site before. It’s a bloody fantastic idea though. I’m digging girls #79 and #98.

2. David Carmona on February 22nd, 2008 9:42 am

dood….i wanna be gay…..

3. royalflush1974 on February 22nd, 2008 11:26 am

I like #36 because I believe it is the best shot in the whole lot. Great story, great find. Thanks Ploomy!

4. ModestMouth on February 23rd, 2008 10:33 am

I’ve got to wonder if those girls are happy now looking back on this little project. I mean this was done in 1999 and you got to remember at that time the interweb was not as developed as it is today.

I wonder what those women are up to now? If any of you reading this were in one of those photos…please comment!!!!

5. Brett Sellers on February 23rd, 2008 10:36 am

Girl #1 is the cutest. Not only did she have the gall to be the first girl, but you can tell she had fun doing this because of the smile on her face.

6. Benson on February 23rd, 2008 10:40 am

I love how the images progress and got more fun and goofy. Which begs the question…who the hell took the photos???????? Who is the mystery photographer?

Questions for Mr Brian:
    Did you ever get a hard on with any of the women?
    Did any of the women ever back out of the shoot?
    What percentage of the women were single at the time?

…most interesting project. Bravo!

7. Christopher on February 23rd, 2008 10:42 am

I’ve worked with 1/5 of those women. They are all wild girls! I am darn sure they would do it again had they been given the chance today. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s quite admirable.

8. Anna in DC on February 23rd, 2008 10:49 am

I’m sorry but no self respecting woman would do that. And the one’s with the children in the shower. What were they thinking?

9. Peter Holt on February 23rd, 2008 10:56 am

#67. The rest weren’t that good looking.

10. Another 15 Songs to Get You Pumped Up : ploomy - what men need to know on August 14th, 2008 9:05 am

[...] to be reckoned with in the rap game’s sandbox. It’s an amazing soundtrack if you are showering with 100 women. With it’s high tempo it will help to keep the energy level up when you got to get 100 women [...]