DISCLAIMER: This article may hurt feelings so if you are the sensitive type please refrain from reading.

Around the time I was 24 or 25 I took a look at my wardrobe and noticed my clothes were pretty over-sized. I had t-shirts and dress shirts that were XL or even XXL when I really wore a Large. I also had jeans that were 2 to 3 sizes bigger than what I usually wore. So I rebuilt my repertoire (my gear) with clothes that actually fit, not snug fitting but a more mature look. Around that time I was really into designer jeans, you would see me rocking Diesel and Paper Denim jeans all day 24/7. Getting new jeans was at the top of my list. So I did it. Within the next 2 or 3 years my jean stash was outta control. I’m talking stacks and stacks of jeans.

tight jeans

So you’re probably thinking to yourself, “where is Rolsuno going with this story?” Well what I’m trying to say is I purchased new jeans because all my old ones were way to big, I wanted to look my age and I wanted my jeans to fit and not hang off my ass anymore. When i say “FIT” I’m saying jeans that leave room in the right place so my balls can breath and room in the leg area. Not fit meaning Super Tight like how so many dudes are wearing them now. Which leads to this question. WHERE THE HECK DID THIS FAD COME FROM? Someone please tell me and let me know. I know that Emo rockers been wearing tight pants or jeans for a while, but when did it hit the urban scene? You can easily point out the hipsters in the urban scene because of their super tight fitting jeans. I like to call them hip hop hipsters. Or what about bike messengers or the bikers that ride around in Fixie Bikes, why are their jeans super tight? I was told from a bike rider they wear tight fitting jeans because it’s easier for them to pedal with tight jeans than wearing baggy jeans that get in the way of pedaling. Why not wear biking shorts or biking pants? If I were a biker I would wear more athletic clothes such as shorts or biking pants rather than wearing jeans. Just because biking is a sport and who really wears jeans when doing an athletic activity. That’s like me going to the gym to play ball in slacks. It’s not a good look. Sometimes I even think my jeans are tight but not as tight as I see other dudes wearing. In my mind I’m thinking to myself, “damn are those your sisters jeans.”

You can see this fad everywhere, especially in the hip hop music industry. When one person thinks of hip hop you think of baggy jeans that are hanging off your ass. Now rappers are wearing jeans that fit with a little bit of a sag. Look at Jim Jones and Juelz Santana. When they wear jeans they look like they are wearing woman jeans because it’s super tight, but they still keep it “street” because they still sag the jeans.

So to all readers please let me know how SUPER TIGHT jeans became fashion for men. And if I offended any readers I say SORRY, but please lets try and leave the tight jeans for the chicks because it just looks right…..

Comments

19 Responses to “Those Jeans Are Tight!!! (Literally)”

1. TGB on January 11th, 2008 10:37 am

Q: “WHERE THE HECK DID THIS FAD COME FROM?”
    A: Europe

The general trend in men’s fashion continues to move towards a sleeker, slimmer look. Even the video on suits from that other fashion post addresses this. I don’t think the uber-skinny jeans will ever become a mainstay here in the U.S (those hipsters just take it to the extreme), but slim here is to stay for a while.

2. gENe on January 11th, 2008 12:07 pm

I’m bringing baggy back!
    YEEEEAH

3. Morgan on January 11th, 2008 4:44 pm

enough of form fitting guy asses already. the only thing more played out than a guy ass right now is the whole streetwear poser style. get out in the field and fuck something up and stop breathing through the web. love the live you live!

4. mira on January 13th, 2008 4:19 pm

I don’t know how the hell men, with *either* tight ass jeans OR saggy ass jeans, could evere walk down the street comfortably. They both look ridonkulous, IMO.

5. Anthony on January 22nd, 2008 11:44 am

I think I read that Diesel started shipping slimmer fitting jeans about 2 years ago and that’s where it started in the states. All the other jean makers followed suit.

6. EB Coucher on January 28th, 2008 11:14 am

totally agree, those tight/tapered jeans are lame on both guys are girls. Don’t get me wrong, I like a snug pair of jeans on a girl, but the whole super-tapered look is just bad. It makes girls w/ hips look like pears…and if they’re overweight, it’s even worse.

In regards to the guy-skinny-jean…you can only pull it off if in a punk band, and even then it’s hard to look at. Gangsta jeans are just as lame. It’s bothersome and quite tiresome to see all those teeny-boppers sporting the gangsta look…how annoying must it be to constantly be holding your tarp-sized jeans up whilst walking and playa-talkin on the cell phone?!?!

7. frOLliE on February 1st, 2008 6:36 am

SIDE NOTE

speaking of hipsters, the following list is an general overview common amongst their make-up:

a. side hair fades its way to the top as
    what may presumably be a mohawk,
    commonly exemplified in both short
    and long variants. and if its not
    quite this but almost this, then
    you’re almost a hipster.

b. clear shades, though the ray-ban
    wayfarer appears to be right up its
    ass. its a close race.

c. striped button-down shirt. i’m almost
    convinced this is the only pattern
    they’re aware of. “what… grids…
    and zig-zags!? what the hell are
    those!?”

d. flared jeans, usually of the
    following: seven, true religion,
    paper denim, rockin republic.
    actually… in having purchased to
    any of the above mentioned
    automatically defaults you as a
    hipster, flared or not.

e. square-toed shoes. is this remotely
    attractive? does it help in keeping
    you upright? or could it possibly be
    that girls think it attractive that
    your foot could actually be that
    shape? wow, would you look at that…
    your toes shape a square… how’d you
    do that?

note: any combination of the above may
    eventually lead to full blown
    hipster.

8. Adam on February 21st, 2008 9:40 am

Well, the mods looked pretty smart back in the day.

9. Chunny on March 6th, 2008 3:43 pm

Yes agree with the above. Hipsters are getting outta control in SF, but damn do they make great pics, check out http://www.vaindeer.com (sorry shameless self promotion) for hipsters on the cutting edge of er… tight pants fashion?!?

10. nathan on June 16th, 2008 3:10 pm

“Skinny Jeans” started about ten years ago. European bands and euro trash have been rockin this style for a long time. Fixie riders wear there jeans tight because loose jeans can get caught in the front crank. This can really mess someone up if you are cruising fast. and fixie riders wear jeans when they ride because riding is a lifestyle, not a sport event. A mode of transportation. If you live in the city its redonkulous to drive everywhere. I dont want to cruise to a bar or party in biking gear. that stuff looks like a spandex spacesuit.

11. robbertoisanigger on August 26th, 2008 10:18 am

uh… guys tight jeans are only tight on the legs. people ask me “how do your balls breath in those girl pants,” first of all theyre guys jeans! second theyre loose where your balls are. third most are lowrise jeans. youre suposed to wear them a little under your waist. my friend has jeans so tight he has to jump into them to get them on. but hes still got plenty of room for his package. and one more thing the ladies think it hot! ive gotten so many girls come up to me and ask me about my jeans then start grabbing… so dont be hatin.

12. aldown on September 19th, 2008 9:27 am

where did it came from??
    fashion is going retro
    rock n roll is becoming pop
    so: rolling stones, iggy pop n the stooges, the ramones, the sex pistols, david bowie…. they all wore tight pants

13. Ploomy in the Club : ploomy - what men need to know on September 19th, 2008 9:59 am

[...] you’re wondering how he got his Ploomy t-shirt, he contributed an article a while back.  If you’d like to submit your own article, click [...]

14. Sergei on November 24th, 2008 5:07 pm

Oh, I am just sooo happy that finally, finally, finally, men started to wear snug fitting jeans and slacks and even suit pants! It’s just such a sophisticated, sexy look, as opposed to all those wide and baggy pants! I don’t know about you guys, but I am stocking up on all the tight patns I can find in stores now, getting ready for the time when this style will be followed by another period of baggy pants and none of the stores would carry the normal (like now) pants anymore.

15. dpete on March 1st, 2009 12:19 am

I wear tight jeans. Honestly, they just look better. I’ve been into punk rock since I was young and I always liked the way the ramones looked in their jeans. I think baggy jeans on men look like shit. The bottom line is: it’s just a style man. Some like their jeans skin tight, some like em’ super baggy, and everyone else just falls in the middle somewhere.

16. jordan :D beach on August 3rd, 2009 6:55 pm

fitted jeans look nice but whn ther to skinny it looks skank you can see the bones in your legs an if your jeans are to big it looks fucking shit lol only were fitted jeans thay are the best jeans at least thay look smart an not all baggy or to tight

17. hgdxndbfgd on October 5th, 2009 2:54 pm

i think they’re ok. they’re fashionable and pretty cool looking. at least girls kind of get a look at what they’re getting before they really “get it”. lyk if they’re too tight, they look gay. but the baggy tight jeans look awesome on guys :) plus, not a lot of people like those ghetto baggy jeans cuz they show ur boxers. that’s a TOTAL turn off for girls. i’l rather stare at ur ass with tight jeans on than baggy jeans that make you look like u dunno how to size yourself.

18. Jax on January 9th, 2011 3:00 pm

I don’t get it. During the 90′s, if your a male wearing something that tight, they will either call you a white boy(skater) or question your sexuality. If Lil Wayne was doing that in the 90′s, you can believe me, they will think he’s a F*g. You won’t see me wearing tight saggy jeans EVER. I’m still going to be wear baggy/nice fitting jeans that looks nice on me but not falling off my ass or make my legs look too small for my upper half of my body.
    Don’t care what girls wear, they can wear them as tight as they want, heck it shows off their goods.Girls can get away with it.NOT males.

Side note: Lets kill this fashion trend of males wearing tight jeans whether they sag them or not.

19. Tony on March 30th, 2011 5:02 pm

It doesn’t harm any body to just wear super-slim-fitted or slim fit jeans.
    It bothers people because they feel that its uncomfortable to look at.
    Well, by the 80s and 70s, wasn’t this around?
    Sure baggy jeans were this and that, and people still wear them.
    Just sagging is retarded. Tight jeans stretch you know.. for guys too.
    I wear them all the time, and I even dance hip-hop in them.
    Perhaps it depends on the person’s body and weight.. no offense to the obese or chubby, but they cannot pull it off.

White boy this and that, I don’t mind these jeans. It was always a fashion trend, just people forgot about it or was not born in that era. Like me. haha, I don’t much of it, but I find it interesting enough to like wearing them.